By Waziri Isa Adam

The Management of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria has cleared the air on the mysterious fire incident that this paper earlier reported that it was the Institution’s main cash office that was gutted with fire.

A statement titled, ‘Fire Incident in ABU’, signed by the Director Public Affairs Directorate of the University, Malam Auwal Umar said, “a small room housing an electrical Distribution Board (DB) at the ground floor of the University’s Senate Building, Samaru Main Campus, was today (Friday, 1st, December, 2023), in the evening gutted by fire”.

The statement stated that the cause of the fire which started around 4:15 PM, was not immediately ascertained. “However, no injuries or casualties have been recorded”, it added. He further revealed that, “however, the Distribution Board and some obsolete Public Address System were consumed by the fire’.

The statement further stated that the timely intervention of the University’s fire fighters and some security personel saved the situation, stressing that light had since been restored to the Senate Building.

The statement which said the Vice Chancellor, Professor Kabiru Bala, who was at the scene of the incident alongside his management staff, and hundreds of staff and sympathizers, said a team to immediately unravel the cause of the fire incident has been raised.

He thanked all members of the University community, and the fire fighters, for their sympathy and uncommon love for the University.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *